Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Moose: The better Canadian Bar in Paris

As promised, I found the other Canadian bar in Paris. This did not receive any strikes against it! Although it doesn't open till 4 pm during the week.

I went to the Musee D'Orsey in the afternoon, walked through the Luxembourgh Gardens and then it was time to eat. It then took me about an hour to find the place, and then it was not open yet. So I went and had lunch somewhere else, The Indiana Cafe, only because Dani is from there!

I had to wonder around a bit because I didn't want to be the guy who comes right at opening and has one beer and leaves.

Finally got there, sat down, and ordered a Moosehead Lager, brewed in Canada! They were playing the NBA finals and a baseball game. This made me feel at home. I was enjoying this place more already. A guy sits next to me at the bar. He happened to be from LA, not as exciting except he was a Lakers fan so we watched the game together.

Found out that the bar tender was from North Vancouver... what a small world. My bar mate ended up buying me a drink because they had a minimum on visas and he didn't want another beer so I was forced to have one more.

Another two hours and some chicken wings later I figured I had stayed my welcome. All in all a very ejoyable place. Even for someone alone at a bar. There was a couple that came in that lived on Broadway and Main in Vancouver! Everyone was really friendly, and willing to chat. They weren't that busy so the bartender and I talked about Vancouver. She is going to law school at UBC in the fall, yet another small world.

I was then ridiculed for not knowing the movie The Adventures of Bob & Doug McKenzie: Strange Brew. This was a 1983 movie staring Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis. They went as far as calling me a bad Canadian for not having seen this movie. Upon my return home I promptly downloaded and watched it. I feel much more Canadian now!

The Moose is ten fold better that "The Great Canadian Bar". They also serve a beer called the Canadian Strange Brew, pretty basic lager but it was good!

Stay tuned for Normandy on the Weekend.

I will eventually get around to writing about my job; it is going well by the way!

"The Manny"

No comments:

Post a Comment