Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Catacombs

I have never been more grossed out and fascinated in my life.

Me and 6 million dead bodies all underground at the same time was a lot to handle. The skulls, leg bones and arm bones were all stacked on top of each other, in perfect lines and often in designs.
I can't explain how strange and eerie it was. But totally worthwhile. It took 40 minutes to walk through all the tunnels, there is only one way in and one way out so that adds to the creepiness.
I then had some free time because it was my day off so I decided to find the building that Jacqueline described to me. Her instructions were: you can see the eiffel tower, it has weird ceilings inside and it looks like there are sticks as a fence but they are not sticks. She showed me a picture of the ceilings and the view of the eiffel tower from the building. After about 30 minutes I realized what it was... The Musee de quai Branly... The African/Asian/Indian Art museum. A very interesting building but nothing that interests me on the inside so I just took pictures of the outside.

And that was my day off!

Ryan "The Manny"

No comments:

Post a Comment