Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Eiffel Tower


Wednesday was Eiffel Tower day, I had the day off work and thought what better way to spend the day than climb a big tower.

I arrived a little before 11, waited in line for a good hour. Met a really nice Irish guy, Sam, who was behind me in line, we ended up walking up together and had a good time. We were reminded of how small a world this is, just after we passed the first floor, a couple was going the other way, he said they were in the airport in Finland (where he lives) on his trip to Paris 3 days earlier.

The stairs seemed like a good idea on the ground, after two floors it didn't seem as good. The view was amazing. It was a little hazy/foggy but that cleared by the time I got to the very top.

As per usual fashion, you had to pay more to get to the very top so I dolled out and got into the elevator to the very top. There is no stairs option for the last 1/3.

I had lunch on the second level after going to the top, a little expensive just for a sandwich but it was worth it.

Climbing the stairs down wasn't bad and it was now sunny and hot! So what better way to spend the next half hour than just sit on the lawn and stare at the Eiffel Tower. This was one of those times that I thought, Holy shit, I a in Paris and staring at the Eiffel Tower!

Very conveniently, behind me were about 30 asian couples all getting their wedding pictures taken. I had seen single couples here and there around the city getting their picture taken but never that many all in one place.

There is more good Eiffel Tower gazing to come...

"The Manny"

No comments:

Post a Comment